Lena Clark Beauty is a Chicago-based beauty team focused on making women – specifically, Black/African-American women and other women of color – look and feel their best for their special events, including: weddings & wedding related events, birthdays, proms, graduations, baby showers, and more. We are currently looking to expand our team.
Duties, qualifications, & expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Providing makeup and/or hair styling services to clients for bridal and special occasion work as well as non-bridal/special event appointments such as fashion shows, photo shoots, makeup parties, makeup workshops, etc.
- Working independently and/or as part of a team as a lead artist, second artist, and/or assistant artist. Artist will very likely play a different role for each assignment.
- Must have reliable transportation to/from makeup assignments and be willing to travel in and around the greater Chicago-land area, including downtown Chicago and north, west, and south suburban areas, and Northwest Indiana.
- Hours can be irregular. Specifically wedding appointments may have early morning hours (beginning before 8 a.m.)
- Appointments may be performed at Company location (Oak Forest, IL) or client’s location.
- Soft skills: ability to take direction, be calm under pressure, and work with difficult/demanding personalities; must have great attention to detail, and be prompt, supportive, loyal, flexible and relaxed, and a team player.
- Hair stylist applicants must be licensed in the State of Illinois for consideration.
Please note this is not an apprenticeship or mentorship opportunity. We are looking for candidates who want to be a part of, and grow with, the Lena Clark Beauty team. If you have a passion for makeup and/or hair and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team we would love to hear from you!